Monday 16 April 2007

First week of leave!

Monday - Shaun's 21st Paintball Party! Headed out nice and early to Heartbreak Ridge in Blacktown! Having played paintball once before, I knew what to expect...I just couldn't remember exactly how much it hurt to get hit! 6 games, 400 paintballs and a couple of bruises later, I remembered! All in all a fun day. The final score: St Mark's 3, Optom 3!

Tuesday - Spent the day with Teng. Headed up to Thornleigh to try the Malaysian place there called Makan @ Alices! I tried the laksa and Teng had the Wat Ton Hor Fun noodles. Both were not bad. The piece de resistance however was their awesome Cendol!!! Teng even said it was comparable to that found in Malaysia! After lunch we spent the arvo at Featherdale Wildlife Park where Teng enjoyed patting koalas and kangaroos. In the evening we headed back to the eastern suburbs to watch TMNT at the Ritz!

Wednesday - Woke up late and went with Teng and Jon to the Royal National Park for a bit of canoeing! Since there were 3 of us, we got one 2 person canoe and a 1 person kayak. The day was nice and warm and the river at Audley had more water than last time I was there. We enjoyed a nice water fight with me in the kayak and Teng and Jon in the canoe! At one point they were chasing me down the river trying to splash me and I swear I had never paddled so hard in my life!

Thursday - Headed out to the Royal Easter Show at Olympic Park with Jon and Teng. We met up with 2 of Jon's friends there and enjoyed the Aqua dive show, the food hall and bazaar halls and a sheepdog rounding exhibit. In the arvo we headed over to the carnival area where Jon's friends went on some super psycho ride! Teng was also excited by the prospect of an adrenaline rush and dragged Jon first onto a Tower type ride and then myself onto a Pirate ship type ride! Sucker for punishment man! The whole time I had my eyes closed and I felt nauseous all the way home!

Friday - Had lunch with Jimbo at Sinma Laksa house and then headed back to his place to watch some Chasers.

Saturday - Joe koko and Isabel + Teng came over for a nice family dinner.

Sunday - dropped Jon off at his friend's place whom he would be heading down to Albury with.. Then Teng and I headed to Bondi Junction to enjoy an easy way tea and some window shopping. Then it was off to church in the arvo!

And so ended my first week of leave this year - man it was hard waking up today!!!

No comments: