Friday 24 March 2006

Bowl and Grill!

Went out tonight to Darling Harbour for dinner with Themis, Chuck, Kenny, Khoung, Jaz and Jenny! Picked up Jaz and found an awesome parking spot on Kent St in this work zone so didn't have to pay yeah yeah! Only thing was, whilst I was parking and aligning my car to the kerb, a fire truck pulled up behind me and wanted to kinda take my parking spot (since it was the end of the row of cars). Everytime I inched forward a bit to adjust my parking, the stoopid fire truck inched closer to my behind (not wanting to poke its backside into the intersection behind I suppose...) !!! Annoyed, I just waited to see what the fire truck would do. It wasn't as if there were any obvious fire/cat stuck in a tree etc emergency around the area so what on earth was this fire truck ramming up my behind for??! Was waiting waiting with Jaz in the car a while and turned my head around to notice there was a Subway on the other side of the road. Mmmm... Subway...my stomach wondered (aka Homer Simpson)...until lo and behold I noticed a uniformed fireman inside the Subway buying dinner!!! Mannnnnnnnnn it was sooooo annoying!!! Here I was stuck in my car, which I still had to properly park, but couldn't because a fire truck was practically kissing my car because a fireman wanted to buy Subway for dinner!!!!! I mean, being a fire truck, it could've legitamately parked just about anywhere...it could've stopped in the middle of the road and no one would say anything but of all places it had to stop right behind me!!! And boy that guy must've bought all the Subway rolls in that shop cause he was taking ages and ages and all the while my stomach was grumbling louder and louder!!! Eventually his order was complete and I could park properly. Have to say though, since it was free, it was worth the wait!

Bowl and Grill is situated in the old Sega Megaworld complex next to Gloria Jeans and where that Sports Bar previously was. Dinner was nice and it was good catching up with the gang! Had a nice chicken and bacon burger with fries and salad at a very reasonable price! Portions were so huge I couldn't finish!!! Queenie dropped by surprisingly on the way to dinner with her friends. We didn't actually bowl for some reason...I guess it wasn't exactly cheap although it's only $5 extra to bowl if you dine on Mon-Wed.

After dinner, we headed back to the east to Charles' place to watch a dvd! We hired out Team America on the way back. Very very funny although it could've done without some bits...! Had this part in it where a very cute puppet North Korean president (the bad guy) sings this soliloquy called "I'm so ronery" (ronery = lonely!!!). Very very cute even though he was the bad guy! Kinda fell asleep towards the end, not because of the movie but because I was just buggered...!

No comments: