Monday 22 May 2006

Tribute to JBT!

Had a really relaxing ADO today after my 16 hr Sunday shift yesterday! Woke up at a leisurely 10am or so and enjoyed reading the Sunday paper on the couch. Soon it was time for lunch and enjoyed some glutinous rice whilst watching last week's episode of E.R.

Spent the afternoon playing piano, which I haven't found time to do since I really can't remember when... Also thought I'd start learning this really cool instrumental song on the guitar by the John Butler Trio called 'Ocean'. T'was introduced to me by Jon and I've been listening to it in the car to and fro work for the last couple of weeks, often putting the CD player on single song repeat so I can listen to it again and again - it's that cool! Kinda like gypsy/irish folk/dance music played on the guitar but there's something really moving about it...like it's telling a story or something and the song just builds up and up to this fully psycho strumming at the end! So yeah trying to learn it on the guitar but it's sooooooo hard!!! Jon, who's miles ahead of me in ability on guitar, is only just starting to get the hang of the song and he's been practising it often into the early hours of the morning! Looks like I've got a long way to go! But yeah, a fully sick song if I can find the discipline to keep at it and learn it...!

No comments: