Tuesday 29 August 2006

Campbelltown Hospital!

I'm actually at home at the moment! And boy is it good to be home!

Today was my second day at Campbelltown, my first on the wards after a day of orientation yesterday. Have decided not to stay in the accommodation there but to drive every day instead cos it only takes 45 mins door to door! But I must say, the long drive really does feel long even though it's only an extra 20 mins from Bankstown. Anyhow, I think it's worth the drive to and fro each day to be able to sleep in my own bed and have the comforts of home!

I'm doing general surgery down there but today was a non-surgical day so I basically bludged most of the day! Finished the ward round with my reg by 8.30am and then did a few tasks before heading for the RMO lounge to hang. Man I have absolutely no problems with doing that for the next 10 weeks! But I guess I should bring a book to read or something cos it does get boring just watching the clock to tick down to 5pm.

Tomorrow I've got an evening shift so will have to camp overnight in Campbelltown...

No comments: