Thursday 7 September 2006

Happy to be in scrubs...!

It's week 2 of my surgical term at Campbelltown and all in all, things have been good! Despite the early starts and long drives to and fro each day, I think I'm actually beginning to enjoy my surgical term!

Realised today how comfortable it is to wear scrubs around hospital all day!!! It's like wearing your pyjamas - soooo comfy - maybe even more so!!! Don't think I'd wear them at home though... =P

Things that lift my spirit today at work:
1. chatting with lovely 72 year old lady who's been in hospital for way too long recovering from a left hemicolectomy,

2. getting to assist in surgery,

3. draining 2 litres from a nice Scottish fellow's HUGE bladder after inserting an indwelling catheter - somehow soooo satisfying!

4. kicking out 2 of my patients and surprisingly a third at the end of the day, when one patient actually asked if he could go home since he felt so well - I had no objections to that!

5. patient list back to single digit figure!

I didn't even mind staying back 40 mins...!

God does answer prayers! =)

No comments: