Sunday 15 October 2006

Too busy to pee...

Wow!!! Can't believe it's been 2 weeks since I got back from Cairns and since my last blog! Time flies but I haven't really been having much fun...

Surgery at Campbelltown has been super-duper-not-even-time-to-pee busy since coming back! Out of the three surgical teams, I've been averaging a patient load of double the amount of the other two teams put together! Hit a peak of 27 patients mid week which is reminiscent of my days doing aged care at Bankstown where that was almost the norm. Had surgery every single day last week which equals heaps of new patients, less time to do ward work, and leaving work late =( On top of that I had to work yesterday, thus cutting my precious weekend by half! Not to mention I had to assist in surgery until 11pm last night...

I guess I can't complain. The surgical registrars at Campbelltown have to work 36 hr shifts 1 in 4 days. That's crazy man!!! Now why on earth would anyone wanna do surgery?!?!

Oh well...GP land here I come hehehe =)

No comments: