Saturday 18 November 2006

Sea by the Sculptures...

The sky was a perfect blue today and as the rays of golden sunshine streamed in my bedroom window, I knew it was one day I wouldn't under any circumstances allow myself to stay indoors! I allowed myself the luxury of waking up slowly in bed, despite my bedside clock reading 11:05am, and even enjoyed reading the prologue to the next book I'm starting - Dan Brown's Deception Point.

After finally getting up, I decided that the perfect thing to do on such a nice day would be to finally see Sculptures by the Sea, something that I've been wanting to do for a while, but have never really gotten around to it in previous years...

Did a quick sms around and met up with some friends at Tamarama beach! Wow! So many people!!! And what a nice day to be outside! Already I started to admire some cool works of art and at the same time, begin to critique some which I thought "hmm...I think I could do that myself anyday!".

We grabbed a quick hot dog lunch before walking towards Bondi Beach enjoying the warm sun, the cool sea breeze, and of course the sculptures. I have to say there were some really cool ones! Had my camera along and my finger was going trigger happy! Since pictures speak a thousand words and I'm no expert on commenting on art, I'll let the ones I've posted here speak for themselves!

Got a very nice surprise when a friend I haven't seen in ages tapped me on the shoulder as we were walking past each other! Good to seeya again man!

All in all a very enjoyable day. Ended up with a nice red nose from thinking I am immune to sunshine and never get sunburnt! At least I got some Vitamin D!

Oh yeah - did I mention how many cups of FREE Lipton Ice Tea I had from the promotional store they were running?!

No comments: