Thursday 23 November 2006

You could be happy...

Doing a week of evening shifts from 5-11pm this week has been great! It's meant I've had the daytime off and the shorter shifts have been easy to deal with. It's almost been like a semi-holiday...!

Monday - Picnic lunch at Bronte beach with med friends.

Tuesday - Watched The Prestige at Bondi followed by a yummy Jap lunch and shopping for pressies at Westfield with same med friends! Thanks guys for the unexpected pressie - not even my birthday!

Wednesday - Sleep in day + catchup on this week's compulsory TV viewing!

Today - Early start to drop cousin to airport before going back to bed. Woke up late to go to high school friend's place to watch the start of the Ashes! Had an awesome bbq and met one of his Unibuds friends, a Ukrainian fellow, studying psychology at UNSW. Had really interesting conversations with him about med (cos he's considering switching to med) and about life in general. Really refreshing to chat with someone with different perspectives on things and made me reflect on my own values, beliefs and motivations in life.

So after such a nice week so far, I've realised - hey - life isn't too bad! Life doesn't have to revolve around work. We work to live, not live to work! So how do I feel?

I feel revived...

I feel rejuvenated...

I feel content...

...I feel happy!

No comments: