Thursday 13 April 2006

Paid to relax!

What a relaxing week!!! Despite having worked last Sunday, cos we weren't on take last weekend, for most of the week I only had between 4 to 6 patients to look after! For the first time in my 12 weeks of work so far, I found myself wondering what on earth to do with my 8 hours at work each day. My reg was off sick Mon - Wed so I was "reg-less" but it also meant that all I had to do was keep the patients alive until my reg or consultants came back/around. This effectively meant plenty of time in the RMO room reading newspapers, surfing the net, and doing sudoku (which I recently discovered during a week of nights!). Unlike some places, we aren't fortunate enough to have an x-box or other luxuries... Managed to take some naps though and when I wasn't sleeping, I was giving viva tutes to my first medical student!

Today my reg was back and I got an early mark for the first time, leaving at 3pm! Yay! It was nice getting home before dark and not feeling so wasted! Went out for dessert with Themis, James, and Kenny at Asian dessert place in Kingsford. Had nice sago dessert there! Mmmm =P

No plans as of yet for long weekend...but one thing's for sure...will get plenty of precious sweet refreshing no-need-to-get-up-quickly sleep!!!
(^-^) zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

1 comment:

misthe said...

Well, if you ever feel like moonlighting/volunteering on your early days off, you are more than welcome to pop by the 'Pool and give our team a hand! :oP