Monday 30 January 2006

It's gonna be a dog of a year!

Gong Xi Fa Cai!!!!! Happy Chinese New Year of the Dog! With myself being a dog, I suppose this is supposed to be a special year for me! And according to this horoscope, things are looking good in all departments! Work is gonna get better - geez I think considering the start I've had, it really only can get better! I'm gonna have money flowing my way without even trying - geez don't know about that but I suppose at the moment work is somewhat of a novelty to me and doesn't really seem like work so when I actually get my first paycheck it'll kinda feel as though I didn't really try much... Health - yeah I'd better watch my diet alright!!! Been so busy at hospital that haven't always managed to eat lunch at lunchtime and lunch kinda becomes afternoon tea! And these free lunches we get at hospital sometimes...they're always the same sandwiches!!! Man you'd think they'd look after us better - where are the drug reps??? Love - "Married couples will enjoy a loving relationship. Singles too!" ??!! I sure hope they don't mean singles are gonna be enjoying loving relationships with one of the couples! But yeah with work this year I'm gonna have to work doubly hard this year in this department!

This chinese new year eve I was sadly doing my first overtime weekend shift. It was insane man - 8.30am till 12 midnight!!!!! Almost 16 hours man and I was pretty much busy the whole time running around putting in drips, charting meds, and attending to patients with anything ranging from chest pain to confusion and delirium! I have to say that 16 hours is tough man and I sooooooo felt robbed of a weekend! Thank God (literally!) that nothing serious happened that I couldn't handle and despite being somewhat zoned out by the end of the shift, I somehow made it home in one piece! So yeah I slept in on Sunday till 11am or something like that and went out with family for lunch. Came back and enjoyed resting and not having to worry about anything. Sadly couldn't go to church this week cos family arranged last minute dinner with my cousin and his newly wed Korean wife and her family so I thought it'd be more important to attend that. Dinner was nice though. We had it at this Indian restaurant on Cleveland St in Surry Hills and it was good catching up with my cousin, my "biu-so" (cousin's wife in Chinese apparently), and her family. My cousin's a surgical SRMO at POW this year whilst his wife is a Radiation Oncology registrar at POW too. So yeah anyone working or who is thinking of checking into POW this year - watch out! Dr Lau (s) are on the loose!

Oh oh oh I'm hoping to start collecting those stamps and coins that Australia Post puts out each year as CNY memorabilia! Just the dog ones of course cos why would I want any other ones?! That'll mean just buying them once every twelve years or so...not an expensive collection I'd think...! Just have to find time to pop into a post office...=P

So there you have it - the year of the dog is upon us and it looks like it's gonna be a dog of a year!

No comments: