Saturday 25 February 2006

TGIF!!!

Thank Goodness It's Friday!!! Another week gone by and we're back to the weekend again! Last weekend was fun! Meant to write about it sooner but never got round to doing it this week...suppose I was a bit lazy! Or perhaps it was all that stuff on tv to watch...! Last Saturday went out to dinner with Themis, Jaz and Khoung. We went to a Thai restaurant at Coogee Beach called Rice. Very nice! Then went to see a performance of A Midsummer Night's Dream, also at Coogee Beach at the park on the southern end. I can't remember a thing about any of the Shakespearean plays so thank goodness the others could vaguely remember the story and explain some of it to me beforehand or else I would've been totally lost as to the plot! Was quite funny the performances! Don't know if it was the way Shakespeare would have envisaged it performed but it was entertaining nonetheless! Unfortunately it rained on us during interval so the second half of the show was cancelled. So we went to watch Casanova at the Ritz instead! Now all I know about Casanova is that it's some supposedly super super super famous film that's super super super old! But I think I better understand now the term casanova and it's usage in today's language!

This week seemed to go by pretty quickly! I think it was because my consultants didn't round that often so that meant they didn't generate as much work for me to do! So pretty bludgy week! Twas really really nice to get back to day shifts after my week of nights. Nice to just have people around and my own reg to save me when I have no idea what I'm doing! This week we even had time to sit around and have coffee (my reg shouted me twice!!! - she's sooo nice!!! - love my reg!!!).

Tonight went out to dinner with Jimbo (he's back from Lismore this weekend!!!), Jaz, Sus and Fester (surprise surprise!!!). Was really really nice catching up with people again! I'm beginning to notice how much I miss seeing everyone each day at hospital and uni...especially after that lonely week of nights! Tonight we went to Mamma Teresa's - quite nice! Then we hopped across the road to our beloved Tea Inn!!! Ahhh just like the good old days! Was interesting sharing experiences from our first 5 weeks of internship - amazing how similar they've been!

Oh btw - if anyone wants to print cheap digital photos, Harvey Norman plus Domayne are offering up to 200 prints per visit for 15c each! Bargain! I've printed over 600 photos this week - mainly from elective and last Malaysia trip! Now just have to find time to put them in an album this weekend...!

No comments: