Sunday 11 June 2006

Empty corridors...

Sitting at home watching the clock tick away...40 mins till I have to leave home for my second night of nights!

Last night was really busy - took me 3 hrs just to do one round of all 8 wards before I finally got to have a few hours rest. In amongst the chest pains, febrile patients, and absconders in the middle of the night, I actually got to watch some of the World Cup! Didn't feel too sleepy at all, courtesy of a 4 hr sleep yesterday afternoon. Gonna try staying awake after each shift and sleeping between 1pm and 9pm or something like that. Will then try staying awake throughout most of my shift rather than trying to scrap together a few hrs of sleep here and there which won't be effective and refreshing anyway. Somehow I have a feeling this approach to this second set of nights will mean I don't find it as bad as my first ever set of nights.

I wonder what tonight holds install for me besides empty corridors...

No comments: