Thursday 1 June 2006

Introducing Dr Moleman...

I'd like to introduce Dr Moleman, my new reg for the next two weeks relieving my old respiratory reg. He's probably around 60 yrs old and has been a career medical officer all his life! He's asian, short with a hunchback, and has this funny asian accent. He spits all over the place when he speaks and boy does he like to speak!!! Our ward rounds this week have been nothing short of 2 hours (normally 30mins with old reg!) and on Monday it took 4 hours to see just 13 patients! Over the course of the week, I have learnt to steer Dr Moleman away from one patient to the next and sometimes I feel like a parent urging his child to follow him saying "C'mon Dr Moleman. Come along now!" When I fail, I inevitably lend myself to hearing Dr Moleman enthusiastically rehash each patient's entire history that I already know, whilst I stand there tapping my feet, trying to avoid the spit flying in my face! But aside from all that, he's a really nice guy and cos he's been around so long, absolutely everybody at Bankstown Hospital knows him on a first name basis!

I think I'll try and take an ADO tomorrow...and maybe next Friday to escape the Moleman!

1 comment:

misthe said...

oh, but Hans Moleman aka "the Peanut Guy" is so cute!!! But I can completely understand how patience-challenging long ward rounds can be....especially when the VMO spends 3 minutes just staring at the patient and the patient back at him...not speaking the whole time, until the patient exclaimed, "What are you looking at?!"