Thursday 22 June 2006

New Term, New Instrument!

"Why are there so many guitars in the house?!!!" yells my mum, complaining that they are cluttering up the house...

My bass guitar arrived yesterday!!! Bought it off Ebay from a guy in Brisbane and it arrived here nicely packaged and in one piece yesterday arvo whilst I was at work. It's a really nice Fender (Japan) Vintage '62 P-bass in a 3 tone Sunburst colour! That description probably means nothing most people so in plain english, it's a medium of the range, pretty nice sounding bass guitar!

So why did I suddenly decide I wanted to learn bass and buy a guitar? Well it all started out with a friend who wanted to learn and I thought, well hey maybe I want to learn too! Then a few weeks at church I was asked to play bass last minute...even though I didn't know how...and somehow with my limited skills in acoustic guitar, managed to figure out the notes on the bass and bumble my way through one of the songs! And I thought...hey this isn't too hard!!! So there you go...I have a bass!

Now just gotta learn how to play it... =P

On a less exciting note, have done 2 shifts of ED so far and have surprisingly settled in really quick into my new role. Everyone's been really nice so far and really helpful in getting me orientated as to how things are done in the hectic ED! Saw about 4 patients on my first shift, and 6 yesterday so, so far, so good!

Next set of shifts is days this Sat-Mon...

No comments: