Friday 9 June 2006

The end is here...*sigh*...

The day is here...the moment I've dreaded...the end of my Respiratory Medicine term...

10 weeks of mostly less than a handful of patients literally, and most of the day to surf the net, sleep in the library, and basically getting paid to bludge...alas my honeymoon is about to end!

I suppose it's about time too. I was kinda getting bored by finding things to do for 5-6 hrs a day! However, there's no way I'd want to be as busy as I was during my Aged Care term.

Got a week of nights coming up...I can honestly say the only good thing about it being next week is that it coincides with the start of the World Cup and that means I'll have something I actually want to watch in the early hours of the morning! I think I'm gonna try a new tactic this time round to minimise getting called every 15mins! Think I'll do a thorough ward round as soon as I start my shift and then one before finishing off in the morning. I figure that way, I can justifiably ask that I not be paged (except for emergencies) between say 2am and 6am. Perhaps I might be able to get some decent sleep each night or catch up on some soccer! Also thinking about maybe not going to sleep straight after going home each morning but perhaps staying up a while and sleeping from 1pm till 9 pm or so and going to work fresh each night. I guess we'll see how we go!

After that dreaded week of nights, I'll be starting my Emergency term which I can only imagine will be hell on earth! *sigh*...why'd I ever become a doctor...???

No comments: