Saturday 3 June 2006

Fully sick on my ADO!

Had an ADO yesterday but got gastro from my family!!! First mum got it, then Jon, then dad and finally myself! Had been nauseous all night and finally let it all out in the morning when I could take it no longer. Vomiting is one of those symptoms you feel equivocal about...on the one hand you want to vomit cos you know it'll make you feel better after, but on the other hand, you really don't want to cos you know it's gross and tastes disgusting! When it finally came up, it actually really hurt and I thought 'this must be what it feels like to rupture your oesophagus!' but the pain subsided so it was ok. Afterwards felt a bit better, although not 100 percent. Got up and went downstairs to lie on couch with heater on cos bed for some reason felt cold. I think I had chills and probably a fever as well. Felt really really weak and lethargic like all my energy had been sucked out of me. Pretty much spent all day sleeping on couch taking Buscopan for stomach rumbling. Come evening, had some congee for dinner and kinda felt better, less weak and lethargic.

Overnight felt slightly better and woke up this morning late with a craving for Oportos! Went to Eastgardens with Jon to have lunch. There were so many people there!!! It's like people seriously have nothing better to do on a weekend than indulge themselves on fast food and shopping! I suppose the weather was awful today and yesterday so what other place to be indoors besides home than in a shopping centre! Bought a Giordano jacket for bargain price $40 and then headed over to EB games to check out their sale. Got Halo and Star Wars KOTR 1 for bargain price of 12.50 each! Bumped into Shaun from church there and a second later spotted Siew outside the store waiting for her brother to buy a game! That was a nice surprise considering I haven't seen her since...well since last year I suppose!

Stomach's been rumbling a bit still but I think I'm almost back to normal...got an overtime shift on Monday so hope I'll be right for that...or I could take a sickie...?!

No comments: